Home Forums General Discussion Thatcherism inside your novels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mauroflea

Dear Jonathan,
    i’m at the last step of my university course writing a thesis about you and in particular about your novel "The Dwarves of Death". in my thesis work i’ve underlined some of your fundamental themes that we can find inside this novel and in general inside your poetic. writing a general picture the contents of my thesis are:
    1. JONATHAN COE AND HIS NOVELS
    1.1 The author
    1.2 Inside the novels
    2. ENGLAND AND MUSIC
    2.1 England and Thatcherism
    2.2 Music and me
    3. THE DWARVES OF DEATH
    3.1 The dwarves of death
    3.2 Madeline
    3.3 The Murder
    I have found a good quantity of information about paragraph 2.1 and 2.2 but i would be very very happy if you could give me your personal point of view about these matters: about music inside your novels;about Thatcherism that evidently influenced the writing of novels like "What a carve up!" and about the role of William inside The Dwarves of death: is he a character who can be considered the real Jonathan Coe?
    i would like to thank you in advance and i hope you read this my "help request" very soon.thank you so much.
    Mauro Ricchitelli

quote :

Dear Jonathan,i’m at the last step of my university course writing a thesis about you and in particular about your novel "The Dwarves of Death". in my thesis work i’ve underlined some of your fundamental themes that we can find inside this novel and in general inside your poetic. writing a general picture the contents of my thesis are:1. JONATHAN COE AND HIS NOVELS 1.1 The author 1.2 Inside the novels2. ENGLAND AND MUSIC 2.1 England and Thatcherism 2.2 Music and me3. THE DWARVES OF DEATH 3.1 The dwarves of death 3.2 Madeline 3.3 The MurderI have found a good quantity of information about paragraph 2.1 and 2.2 but i would be very very happy if you could give me your personal point of view about these matters: about music inside your novels;about Thatcherism that evidently influenced the writing of novels like "What a carve up!" and about the role of William inside The Dwarves of death: is he a character who can be considered the real Jonathan Coe? i would like to thank you in advance and i hope you read this my "help request" very soon.thank you so much.Mauro Ricchitelli

You abstract people.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.