Home Forums General Discussion On the paradoxes of using the Internet: are we the writers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    uppa

Jonathan, I have written something that was inspired by what has been happening to me lately, including, mostly, writing here (and by the Milanesiana event for the title). I didn’t know where to post so I wrote it in English just in case… I then decided to post it on my very neglected blog so that people don’t have to read it if they don’t want to. Here’s the link http://www.claudiacantaluppi.net/public … itemid=745 but please do not feel you have to publish this message if you think it’s OT or inconvenient.

gert-van

Hey Uppa, I will try to read your article one of these days. I myself am writing an essay about some aspects of Coe’s writing, but I’m afraid it is already growing above my head. Still i’s fun though. Like writing my thesis all over again. I will post it here as well, if it ever gets finished. Did you publish your article anywhere else? I would like to publish it somewhere, but how do you do that when nobody even knows you as a … critic? Should I call myself that? 🙂 In any case, it would be fun it other Coe readers could enjoy the essay.

uppa

I see you’ve read it and I thank you for it and for commenting.
    I would never dare call it an article or want to see it published anywhere else. The blog was very useful when I went through a rough patch about 6 years ago, and I’ve sort of kept it going mostly for myself and a few friends. I like writing my thoughts if I have time, it clears my mind, but I am no writer and indeed no critic.
    I’m sure there are ways of making your stuff better known. I even heard there’s a web service I don’t remember the name of which publishes your books and only prints them if somebody buys them; sounds interesting for someone like you. But this is going a bit OT here. Keep posting, if you want write to me privately and let us know if you publish anything.

gert-van

Guess I also heard of this website before. Would be great. Of course, I’m writing my novel in Dutch, but I’m still struggling with it. It’s ironic that I wrote my thesis about characterization but never really succeed in creating interesting characters. That must be one of the most difficult parts of novel writing.
    Would indeed be interesting to keep in touch and change some ideas. Don’t know how though.

uppa

My easiest email address is cantaluppi@setificio.com ; I’m also on facebook (Claudia Cantaluppi)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.