Home Forums General Discussion Cicely Boyd

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gert-van

Dear Jonathan

Years ago I have written my MA thesis about the remarkable characterisation of Cicely Boyd in both Trotter novels. I’m less willing to share my text online but should you ever have time and should you be interested in reading it – whether it is now or in ten years’ time – please let me know and I’ll be glad to transfer it to you, preferably online, in any way you suggest, while still respecting your privacy.

It would mean a lot to me if you confirmed or rejected the way I see the characterisation of this intriguing character – although I totally preferred Claire 😉 Should you not have the time to read it, so be it. You must be flooded with this kind of requests (that might be slightly narcissistic on my part, I’m perfectly aware of that).

Yesterday I read from my own novel in front of an audience and someone who’s partly familiar with your work and who had already read my novel, told me that there’s a lot of Coe in it, even though I never was aware of that myself. Without still knowing in which way you influenced me, I can’t deny that you must have.

Looking forward to your next novel, which will temporarily distract me from reading the entire work of Paul Auster, my second favourite author of all time, and which will probably establish once again that you’re still miles ahead of him, however astonishing his novels are and however important they might be to me.

In the meantime, this might be a section on your messageboard that will be totally dedicated to Cicely Boyd, so whoever would like to show his (or her!) eternal dedication to Cicely, this is the place to do it! 😀

Have a lovely weekend anyone who might read this!

Cheers

Gert Vanlerberghe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.